WASTE MANAGEMENT - RECYCLING (paper, glass, plastic)
According to “The Greener Guest- an initiative from Travel Without Plastic”
“The Global Tourism Plastics Initiative”, that created with the aim to end global plastic pollution in tourism:
- We implement an integrated recycling system for paper, glass, plastc, providing with a special recycling bag in each apartment, for collecting paper, glass, plastic, that we collect and send for recycling.
- We’ve removed, all single-use plastic miniature shampoo, conditioner and body wash bottles and changing with refillable dispensers for toiletries, instead of individual bottles.
- We have replaced bottled water with water dispensers, providing with reusable bottles -We encourage our guests, as the most of them do it, to take their reusable bottles home. If they adopt our initiatives during their stay, that’s already a great result. If they go home and change their habits, we will be proud that our property is creating long-lasting impact as well.
- We have filtered/drinking water in water cooler/dispenser reusable bottles at the reception, to avoid single use plastic bottles.
- We, also, never offered, plastic straws, plastic cups, neither plastic cutlery, tableware or plastic stirrers.
- We involve our guests about the changes we’re planning, that we’re reducing the amount of plastic we use at our property and why cutting plastic is important and we ask guests to share their own ideas.
- We use limit packaging materials by purchasing less packaged products and limit use of single-use plastic bags.
- We use electronic systems for the information of our guests in order to avoid the use of paper, but, also, of paper for business purposes.
- We implement, train and raise awareness of our family run hotel’ staff for a circular economy.